01 is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
Like a lot other things related to security, the wide range of solutions offered and the criticality to choose nothing but the best can be quite overwhelming. Now, we all know how important security and safety is, whether it’s at domestic or commercial places. And with rapidly advancing technology, we also have an idea how CCTVs and/or video surveillances are being increasingly adopted by efficient-security-system seeking individuals all over the globe.
CCTV or Closed-Circuit Television is a kind of video surveillance, and basically involves the use of video cameras to transmit the signals to a set of monitors. You can watch and monitor the recorded footage. This helps you keep an eye on your home or store or anyplace for that matter, even when you are miles away from the actual location. A CCTV security system is thus crucial for enabling complete security for homes or any type of business or organization. So, if you haven’t already, it’s time to get a commercial CCTV installation done. U Watch 24/7 is a certified and licensed company, who can help you in just that. They are proficient in installing all kinds of security systems, and their engineering team are the ones who will handle all of the set-up and maintenance work.
The Different Types of CCTV Cameras You Should Know About
Having said all of that, you now know choosing a CCTV camera is the real key to safety and security. But the market today hosts a wide array of CCTV cameras, all with different features, options, types, styles, configurations, etc. So, with such a rapid paced evolution of camera technologies, we forgive you for being confused about which of the domestic CCTV security systems to go for. They could be any one of the lot. So here, we are telling you about each of them, so that you can choose the perfect one to suit your needs.
- Dome CCTV: These are the most common types of CCTV used for indoor surveillance applications. These cameras sit in dome shaped housings which are constructed to make the CCTV unobtrusive, but visible. The dome shaped feature helps to deter criminals because you can’t really tell the direction the cameras are facing. They can be used to cover a wide area with the installation of a single camera.
- Bullet CCTV: These cameras come with a long, cylindrical, and tapered shape (and thus, the name!). They are used for places that require long distance viewing. The camera isn’t equipped to have a pan/tilt/zoom mode, but they record images pointed at a particular direction. These are wall/ceiling mounted and can be used for both indoor/outdoor applications. Some of these also come with protective casings which offer protection against dust, rain, hail, dirt etc., as well as make them waterproof.
- C-Mount CCTV: These cameras have detachable lenses so as to suit different needs of the hour. General CCTV cameras have lenses that cover a distance of 35 to 40 feet. But with the c-mount ones, you can use special lenses which will cover distances more than 40 feet.
- Day/Night CCTV: These cameras have the distinguishing feature of operating in both normal as well as poorly lit environments. They can record clear video images in varying light conditions as well as in the dark. They are perfect for outdoor surveillance and can function efficiently in glare, direct sunlight, strong back light, as well as in reflections.
- High-definition CCTV: This ultra-definition genre of CCTV’s are basically fit for highly regulated, niche markets such as in casinos or banks. These give the owners the power to zoom in with extreme clarity, so that nobody can pull off any tricks if they have something up their sleeve.
So, these were some of the main kinds of CCTV cameras that you could take your pick from. You could use CCTV as a stand-alone or even as a part of an integrated security system. You could use them for detection, deterrence, evidence, access control, reassurance, etc. So, all set to make your surroundings safe and secure in the best way possible? Invest in the right kind of CCTV!